US USPTO Ex Parte Reexamination

Armin

GOLD - Mitglied
Hallo zusammen,

hat jemand Erfahrung mit der Ex-Parte Reexamination in USA?

Diese kann wohl auch anonym beantragt werden.

Angenommen, es liegt neuheitsschädlicher SdT gegen ein US-Patent vor.

Wie sind die Aussichten auf Widerruf des Patents, oder auch nur auf Einleitung des Reexamination-Verfahrens, wenn dieser SdT mit einer kurzen Stellungnahme beim USPTO eingereicht wird?

Danke für Erfahrungswerte!

I have filed several ex-parte reexaminations. I would never recommend providing a short statement. You have one chance to get the arguments right. You also need to keep in mind that patent owner can amend the claims and you are not party of the proceedings after your filing. So you need to anticipate that as well and provide arguments for each possibility in your brief. The success depends on the prior art and the arguments.

Reaktionen: pak

pak

*** KT-HERO ***
I have filed several ex-parte reexaminations. I would never recommend providing a short statement. You have one chance to get the arguments right. You also need to keep in mind that patent owner can amend the claims and you are not party of the proceedings after your filing. So you need to anticipate that as well and provide arguments for each possibility in your brief. The success depends on the prior art and the arguments.
Also vergleichbar mit der "Eingabe Dritter" ... Man ist nicht verfahrensbeteiligt, allerdings kann man natürlich mehrfach "nachlegen".

Gruß

pak

Oben